We'll be glad to discuss, please drop us an email.
Scala's power as a hybrid OOP and Functional Programming language on the JVM shines in many ways. In this hands on workshop, learn some of the most essential concepts of Scala, using a test driven approach.
Dr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., creator of agilelearner.com, co-founder of the devdotnext software conference, and an instructional professor at the University of Houston.
He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with sustainable agile practices on their software projects.
Venkat is a (co)author of multiple technical books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award winning book Practices of an Agile Developer. You can find a list of his books at agiledeveloper.com. You can reach him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter at @venkat_s.
- Executing Scala, from code to scripts
- Functions, implicit, operator overloading, tuples
- String interpolations, fluency in Scala
- Pattern Matching and other powerful features
- Intermixing with Java, Dos and don’ts
- Use Scala effectively
- Create fluent code in Scala
- Make use of some powerful features
- Apply the language with confidence
- Design code for properly intermixing Scala with other JVM languages
Programmers interested in learning the essentials of Scala
- Your favorite editor or IDE
- The latest version of the Scala compiler
- Git Client