We'll be glad to discuss, please drop us an email.
Kotlin is an elegant, powerful, and overall a pleasant language to work with. In this workshop learn the essential parts of Kotlin. We'll focus on fundamental parts of Kotlin, it's imperative and functional programming capabilities, how Kotlin provides elegance without compromising performance by tactfully channeling the JDK. We will also dive into how to interact between Kotlin and Java code.
Dr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., creator of agilelearner.com, co-founder of the devdotnext software conference, and an instructional professor at the University of Houston.
He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with sustainable agile practices on their software projects.
Venkat is a (co)author of multiple technical books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award winning book Practices of an Agile Developer. You can find a list of his books at agiledeveloper.com. You can reach him by email at email@example.com or on twitter at @venkat_s.
- Running Kotlin Programs and Scripts on the JVM
- Creating functions and Functional Style code
- Powerful features of Kotlin, including extension functions and nullable types
- Kotlin's Performance related features
- Kotlin Java Interop
- How to program with Kotlin
- Create type safe, maintainable code
- Leverage both imperative and functional style as appropriate
- Work with ease to exploit the power of the language
- Intermix Kotlin with Java code
Java programmers, team leaders, architects, technical managers
- Your favorite editor or IDE
- Git Client