We'll be glad to discuss, please drop us an email.
Design patterns have long intrigued programmers, yet, applying patterns in day to day design is not easy. Languages and capabilities often influence the patterns we use. Whether we use object decomposition, functional decomposition, or a combination of those two can influence the patterns we use and how we use them. In this workshop, learn with hands on exercises, a select few design patterns, from concept to implementation.
Dr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., creator of agilelearner.com, co-founder of the devdotnext software conference, and an instructional professor at the University of Houston.
He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with sustainable agile practices on their software projects.
Venkat is a (co)author of multiple technical books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award winning book Practices of an Agile Developer. You can find a list of his books at agiledeveloper.com. You can reach him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter at @venkat_s.
- Identifying Design Patterns
- Evolving code towards a pattern
- Implementing patterns
- Patterns that benefit from functional composition
- Combining OOP and Functional programming capabilities to realize patterns
- Identify design patterns
- Evolve code incrementally towards applying patterns
- Know and apply patterns that leverage OOP and functional style
- Explore common and some uncommon but powerful patterns
- Reuse common recurring solutions to solve your problems
Programmers interested in learning to apply design patterns
- Your favorite editor or IDE
- Compilers for Java, Kotlin, Scala,... depending on the language you like to use
- Git Client